Friday, May 27, 2011

Why Do Men Love Darkness?

We were having family bible devotions the other night and I went over the subject of why men love darkness rather than light.  We looked at John 3:14-21.  The bible clearly states in these verses that men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  John 3:19

Men don't want to come to the light, because if they come to the light, they will have to face who they are and what they are before an Holy God.  The other day I saw a website that had an old friend on it.  This old friend had some things that they liked and they are as follows: Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, Desperate House Wives, American Idol, Silence of the Lambs, and oh, I forgot --the Bible.  Today's so called "Christianity" is a shame and a joke.  Tell me how can you watch and listen to all of these things and yet say that you love the bible?  Today's churches tell you that you can have the world and God too, but the bible says:

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:15-16

The God that I serve and love is an holy and jealous God.  The Lord requires of us to love him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength.

JEALOUS:

1. Suspicious; apprehensive of rivalship; uneasy through fear that another has withdrawn or may withdraw from one the affections of a person he loves, or enjoy some good which he desires to obtain; followed by of, and applied both to the object of love and to the rival. We say, a young man is jealous of the woman he loves, or jealous of his rival. A man is jealous of his wife, and the wife of her husband.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 
Exodus 20:5

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:  
Exodus 34:14

For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24

Do we not think that God is jealous over us?  Do we not think that God desires our full devotion?  Have you ever been to a wedding?  When the bride walked down the aisle, did she have some old boy friend on one of her arms?  Would the groom, put up with his soon to be wife, coming down the aisle with an old boy friend?  I would think not!  Why then do we treat our Lord and Savior this way? 

Tell me one thing in this world that will give you endless happiness, joy, peace and rest?  There is nothing in this world that will meet all of the things that I have listed.  There is only One that can fulfill all that I have listed, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.


Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
Psalms 144:15


Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Psalms 146:5

So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. John 13:12-17


Are you happy?  If not, why?  What is keeping you back from the happiness that can be found in the Lord?  


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25


There is joy that can be found in God's word and the Lord Jesus Christ.




But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. Psalms 5:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalms 16:11

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Psalms 42:4

Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Psalms 43:4
And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: Luke 24:52

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
John 15:11

And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:22-24
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. John 17:13

And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost. Acts 13:52

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

One of the reasons I believe that so many don't have joy and happiness is because they have never been truly born from above.  They have never been under Holy Ghost conviction.  They have said some sinner's prayer and are relying upon this to gain them righteousness with God.  One major thing that is missing in our churches today is true Holy Ghost conviction.  I'm not talking about having your emotions stirred by some contemporary christian song and you feeling bad over some sins you have committed.  I'm not saying that it is wrong for your emotions to be stirred in church.  What I am saying, is that all too often it is the music that is doing the stirring of the emotions and not God's word through the witness of the Holy Ghost. There were many times in my life that I had my emotions stirred in church and said the sinner's prayer and was never born again!  The reason why, is that I was never truly willing to give up my life!  I wanted to keep my worldly music, movies, talk, and life.  I wanted to have some of God and some of the world.  It wasn't till I got my nose in a 1611 King James Bible, that I started to see who I truly was before God.  I finally got to a point in my life, glory to God, that I was sick of who I was and only wanted truth!  Thank the Lord, on March 19, 2000, the Holy Ghost dealt with me about sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.    
John 16:7-13

I repented of my sin and put my complete faith in what the Lord Jesus Christ did for my on Calvary, 2000 years ago, on an old rugged cross.  Where he shed his blood and became sin, who knew no sin, that I might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

If you are not happy, don't have joy, peace or rest, why not seek the Lord?

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 
Isaiah 55:6-7

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:21

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:6-9

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 1 Timothy 2:3-6

Don't let the world draw you away from the one who truly loves you!  Come to the light of the Lord Jesus Christ! 

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Brother Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment