Monday, March 21, 2011

This Week in Pictures #3

I hope and pray all is well back home.  I thought since I had a few free moments today, I would try to get a few pictures on here of the last two weeks.  This past weekend (03-11/03-13) was very busy, due to the accident that Timothy Truel was involved in.  Thank the Lord he his back home recovering.  We didn't realize how bad the accident was at first, but Brother Darren told me the other day that when they were taking Timothy to the hospital they were performing CPR on him.  He was dead on arrival. When they got to the Hospital they were able to bring him back, Praise the Lord!  Thank the Lord for His mercy and grace!  Please continue to pray for him though, as he is experiencing memory loss and sometimes confusion.   

On Sunday last week, we took a trip to the Airport.  Sister Jennifer Truel (Timothy's mom) and 4 of the Truel children flew back to the States to be with Timothy.  Thank the Lord, they had a safe trip back and are now in Columbia, SC.  Please keep this family in prayer while they are separated.

We are continuing to learn both languages and are coming along slowly.  Both Melanie and I sometimes want to speak Kreyol when we are trying to speak some Spanish.  Sometimes it can get confusing!

I'm also planning a trip into Haiti in the first week of May.  Lord willing, I'm going to try and visit Brother Maurice for a few days.  There has been a lot occurring in Haiti over the last few weeks, so please keep this in prayer, along with Brother Maurice and his wife.

Trains transport the sugar cane to the local factories.


A young sugar cane crop.

Cows often come to the rail road tracks, to eat the sugar cane that has fallen off of the train.


Another sugar cane crop.





This is a billboard for one of the local cell phone companies.


This is a local Dominican moving company!

Safety is their top priority!  You can purchase the man in the back to watch your stuff as it travels to your next location!

This is the original castle the Christopher Columbus built.




Cows in the roadway!


As they were passing, I could hear them whispering "eat more chicken!"


I believe this might be some kind of Humming bird here in the Dominican.


These pictures of flowers were taken by my sons.



Well I hope and pray you all have a great week.  Please keep us in your prayers and we will do the same for you all.  May we Praise the Lord today for all of his mercy, grace and love!

In Christ our Lord,
Brother Chris and Family

1 comment:

  1. I do pray Timothy makes a full and speedy recovery. PLease give Darren our love and let him know the church is praying for Timothy and the family.

    ON a lighter note...I must comment on this weeks picture addition of Dominican life...cause I'm Meghan and I must...Orange...really?, how original, I mean what did they do take a look around them, saw the abundance of orange trees and said that's it I've got IT! Let's call it Orange! Slogan...Orange you glad you switched to Orange?........... Is that really CC's castle??!! ........Are you going to hire that moving company to move you to your next place? At least that guy in the back was smart...he is sandwiched between 2 mattresses....beautiful bird!....pitiful cows.....beautiful view....lovely flowers!!! ;O)~Meghan
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete