Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A busy couple of days....

Hope and pray you all are doing well!  The past three days down here have been quite busy.  When I was picking up our packages from the airport on Friday, I was invited by another missionary to come visit his church on Sunday.  Brother Roger Jewell and his family have been missionaries to Barahona for over 10 years.  We drove down there early Sunday morning and found their church with only a little bit of trouble.  Brother Jewell has a service at 9:00 A.M. for the adults and then has a service at 10:00 A.M. for the children that they bring in off of the streets.  It was a blessing to be at both of these services.  Pray that the Lord will get a hold of these young people, that they may see their need of salvation.  After these services we got a bite to eat and then I headed up to La Lanza for church.  While we were up there, a lady brought her child to the church to ask for some help.  Her little baby had been sick for two weeks and was vomiting up anything it would eat.  Brother Darren told her to bring the baby down to Polo on Monday and he would take her down to the hospital in Barahona.

On Monday morning Brother Darren took the mother and the child down to Barahona.  There were some American doctors at the hospital this week that were able to see and help the baby.  I also went down to Barahona on Monday to find some help for some problems that I have been having with my truck.  I have been having problems some electrical problems and we were able to find a man that could fix it.  While I was waiting to have it fixed another man offered to fix one of my broken studs.  When he took the wheel off he noticed that both of my rear shocks were in bad shape.  Thank the Lord that I was able to get all of this fixed in one day.  The Lord is good and is always watching out for us!

Yesterday, Brother Darren and I took a trip to the capital to get our tourist visas renewed.  We were also able to buy some groceries.  The grocery stores in the capital have some items that we can't find in Barahona or Polo.  I'm thankful that we had a safe trip and were able to get all of this accomplished.
 
Someone sent down a bag of lolly-pops with the last shipment and I handed them out on Sunday.
Some kids with their lolly-pops!

This is So-Soun (I really don't know how to spell his name).  He is a little Haitian boy that lives near Brother Darren.  His mother died when he was a baby and he doesn't have a father.

Well we are back home now.  I had the opportunity this evening to preach at Brother Roger Jewells church down in Barahona.  I'm starting to slowly get use to having an interpreter.  It is very hard for me to preach with an interpreter, its hard to keep all of your thoughts together.  Thank the Lord everything went well tonight.  Keep the people in your prayers that God would bring conviction upon those that are lost and those that are saved would draw closer to the Lord!

We love and miss you all dearly!
Brother Chris and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment