Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello from Rancho Lambert....

Just thought that I would post a few pictures from our home here in the Dominican Republic.  Things have been going well, thank the Lord!  Last night we had our second Kreyol lesson with Brother Antonio.  Pray as we try to learn Kreyol and Spanish.

We were also able to take a few grocery bags to some of the Haitian families that live close by.  Thank the Lord for his goodness!  I would like to try and find some blankets down here to hand out to them also.  Last night was a cold night and I'm not sure if they all have blankets.  When we handed out the bags to them it was around 7:00pm and it was fairly cool outside.  Some of the kids and adults only had on a T-shirt with a pair of shorts, if I had a jacket with me I would have put it on.  So please pray that we will be able to find some blankets down here that we can buy and hand out to those who need it.

I wrote in one of my last posts about coming down here to visit.  One thing that I forgot to mention is that anyone who wants to come visit must first have their passport.    I would hate for anyone to buy a plane ticket and get to the airport and find out that they need a passport to come down here.  A U.S. passport cost around $120.00 and is good for 10 years.  If you are a minor the passport will only be good for 5 years.  It will take anywhere from 5-8 weeks to get your passport once you apply. You can go to your local post office to start the process. Here is the government website http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html .  Another thing you will have to do when you visit is pay a $10.00 tourist visa when you enter the country at the airport.  The passport and the tourist visa is all that you need to enter the country.  If anyone has any question or is confused by what I wrote, please feel free to contact me and I will try to help you out.

Here are a few more pictures from the Rancho de Weltino!

These are somethings that we put together for the grocery bag.  We were able to hand out 3 bags and a half carton of eggs to some of the local Haitian families.

My wife cutting up some peppers and onions, used for the rice and beans that we made for La Lanza.

Levi, Joey and Eliana slicing up the carrots for the meal at La Lanza.

Eliana helping mommy with the dishes.



Our 11th victim caught!  If Pastor Doss came to visit it may just solve the whole islands problem with rats!  LOL

Rats like to our eat bananas! 
In Christ our Lord,
Brother Chris and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment