Sunday, February 20, 2011

Feeding Project Before Sunday Services in La Lanza

Psalms 72:4 says:
He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor. 

I'm thankful to the Lord for allowing us to be able to help some of those who are in need.  Today we were able to feed some children and adults before our afternoon service in La Lanza.  This time, instead of the people coming to the church, we took the truck with the food to them.  We were able to go to four bateys and feed some kids that were on the roadsides along the way.  Please continue to pray for the services there that the Lord will deal with the people about salvation and that he would help those who are his to live for him.  Below are a few pictures that I was able to take along the way.  Hope you all enjoy them!

Also, I have something I need you all to pray about.  I have a project that I would like to do, but I need someone in the states to help out.  The project is that I would like to start up some baseball teams in the area in which we live. The last shipment we received from MFI, someone shipped us a box full of baseballs.  We went out into the local area and handed them out to the young boys.  They were so excited to receive the baseballs! I already have a man in the church down here who is willing to help and it has been on his heart to start something like this for the children.  What I need is someone in the states who would be willing to contact some suppliers in the U.S. to see if they would be willing to help out with equipment and uniforms.  Please pray and see if the Lord lays this upon your heart.  Getting this up and running would be a great thing for the children in this area.  Most of them spend most of their days just wandering around on the streets.  Idle time here is a big problem here!   If we could start this up it will give some of these kids something to do and be a part of, plus it is a great opportunity to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to them.  Please pray as we try to get this going!  If you would like to help, just send me an email and I will tell you what I need done. 

Handing out the plates of food in one of the bateys.

Pastor Nathan and Levi working to get the food out!




Elisabeth, Mary and Melissa working on making the plates in the back of the truck.
 
This is a altar that they have made to one of the Catholic saints.  They will  put candles in it during special holidays.  I think this is also a place where some of them come to pray.

Jonathan helping out!

Levi was our cookie man.  We put a few cookies in each of the plates for the children.


Some kids along the road that we gave some food to.

Another place where we stopped to hand out food.



Getting ready to head down the opposite side of the mountain to another batey.

On our way down the mountain, we ran across some who were walking up to the church for services.  This is about a 3 to 4 mile walk uphill.

Some more of the kids who were walking to church.

One of the bateys on the side of the mountain where we went to hand out food.

If I made this picture larger (click on it), you would see a earring on the side of this chickens head.  Don't ask me why they put it there.  My guess is that it has something to do with cock fighting.  I believe every Friday and Saturday night they have cock fights.



This is my buddy Wilson.  My wife tried to get a good picture of him and myself, but he wasn't too happy after services.
Well, it's time for bed!  Hope and pray you all have a wonderful week.  Keep in the fight!

Brother Chris and Family

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy said he is going to talk to the people at Ashley Ridge Highschool(one of the schhols he was assighned too) as he knows the baseball coach there very well. Maybe he can help out!

    ReplyDelete