Friday, August 19, 2011

Back From Haiti

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Psalms 55:22

I hope and pray all is well with everyone back home.  Thank the Lord, I returned safely home from Haiti on Monday.  I am very thankful for all of you who prayed for my safety and trip.  The Lord heard your prayers and helped me in many ways.  Below are a few pictures that I took while in Les Cayes, Haiti.

Most of the buildings in Haiti are old and run down. 

Here are some Catholic statues.  Most of the people in Cayes come here to pray.
This is one of the few gas stations in Cayes.  The owner of this gas station has a man that walks around the parking lot with a shotgun.  This helps things to run as smooth as possible.  When there are riots they tend to attack the gas stations and stores.  They loot the stores and gas stations then try to burn them down.

Brother Maurice and I looked at this piece of property in the city of Les Cayes.  The owner quoted us a price of $500,000 U.S. dollars.  The property was between 1-2 acres and had a small house on it.  Prices of land and homes are extremely expensive in Haiti at this time.  Another home was going for $250,000 and I would not have paid $40,000.  To put things in perspective, a bag of cement cost around $7.00 dollars in the Dominican Republic, in Haiti the going price is around $70.00 a bag.

Please continue to pray for us as I try to find the Lord's will.  I believe that the Lord has closed the door to go to Les Cayes, Haiti at this time.  So I will continue to pray and wait on the Lord to see where he will lead and direct.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and support!  We love and miss you all dearly!

Brother Chris and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment