Monday, April 4, 2011

This Week In Pictures #4

Hello from the Dominicna Republic!  Just wanted to post some pictures of last week.  Sorry to say, I did not get that many of them.  Last Monday, I spent most of the day in Barahona getting my truck fixed (no picutres).  Then on Tuesday, Brother Darren and I took a trip to the Capital to get our visas renewed (again no pictures).  On Wednesday, we traveled down to visit Brother Jewell's church and he asked me to preach, which was a blessing, but sorry to say I did not get any pictures of this either.  On Thursday, we attempted to take a box of food to a widow woman up in the mountains.  When we arrived at her home she was not there, so on the way back down we gave the box to a Haitian family (no pictures).  Friday and Saturday some of the children were sick.  On Sunday, Melanie, Eliana and I went to the market in Polo.  I then went up to La Lanza with Brother Darren, to hold church services.  I will try to do better this week, with getting some pictures of what is going on down here. 

Today Jonathan and I are going to try and go up into a village that is close by our home.  We are going to go up and hand out some tracks and just see the area.  I'm going to try and work this week on a sermon that is written down and then have it translated.  I will then try to go up to the village and read it to them.  Pray that the Lord will give wisdom and guidance.

Hope and pray everyone is doing well in the states!  Sorry again for the lack of pictures!


Benjamin caught a bird that had flown into our house!


When we let the bird loose, he was a little dazed and confused.



 
Eventually, he flew up into a near by tree.

This a mouse that the boys caught the other night!


This is the mouse before he was caught.  I was doing some work at my desk, when I noticed him in my trash can!


Hope and pray you all have a wonderful week!  To God be the Glory great things he has done!

In Christ our Lord,
Brother Chris and Family

1 comment:

  1. Awww ya'll have little friends...How is Joey doing? I hope he is doing better

    ReplyDelete