Friday, April 8, 2011

Handing Out Some Tracts...

On Monday, Pastor Nathan, his son Jonathan, and myself went and handed out some tracts.  We went to a very small village, further up in the mountains near our house.  It took about 25-30 minutes to get up to the village.  There are two villages called Los Charquietos (I think that is how it is spelled) and and Las Tallota (not quite sure on this one either).  When we arrived, most of the people were out working, so we were not able to hand out to many tracts.  Lord willing, we will try to go back in the next week or two, near the end of the day when more people are at their homes.  There is no electric, nor is there any running water in these villages.

There is a person who has donated some land for a church building.  Please pray for us, that if it is the Lord's will, we will be able to put a church there!  Below are a few of the pictures I took:



I believe this is a Grandfather with is Granddaughter.







A lot of the people up in this area are Catholic.   The Chick tracts that my home church sent down were a blessing.


The slogan "Chick tracts get read!" is true.

The women have to take their laundry down the hill to wash it.

The children at the second home we stopped at.
This is the piece of property that we could build a church on.
This is the home of the individual that donated the property for a church.

This is the kitchen! 

This is a bathroom!

This woman was trying to explain to Pastor Nathan that I could drive my truck down to Las Tollota. 

Pastor Nathan talked to this man for around 45 minutes.  I later found out that he was Catholic.  I believe they had a good talk concerning the things found in God's Holy word.

A home up in the mountains.
Well I this all of the pictures I have for now.  It has take me four days now to try and get this up and posted.  The last two days our inverter has not been working, so we only have internet access when the electric from the city is on.  Please pray that we will be able to get this fixed quickly.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

In Christ our Lord,
Brother Chris and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment