Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thank the Lord for his goodness!

Bro. Darren and I were heading back from the capital last night and my stomach began to feel very sick.  I was driving and we were in between the small towns of Bani and Azua.  I really didn't want to stop along the side of the road to use the bathroom, due to the safety issues of both the roadways and I don't know what could be in the woods at night.  Thank the Lord we were able to make it into Azua and they had a bathroom that actually had a toilet seat and some running water in the sink.  I'm also glad that we had a roll of toilet paper in the truck.  I am truly thankful that the Lord provided this place.  I'm glad that the Lord knows all of our needs and helps us even in the small things.

Well I was able to pick up my paperwork for my truck in Santiago and the vehicle is now in my name, Praise the Lord!  These types of things can take a lot of time to get done and some money, but the Lord took care of it all.  Please pray, as the Truels are still trying to get there paperwork situated with their vehicle.  The vehicle I bought, even though it was privately owned, still had a bank note.  When I went to buy the vehicle the dealership that held the title was able to do all of the paperwork.  Bro. Truel's vehicle was also bought from a private individual and did not have any bank note on it.  So Bro. Darren had to hire a lawyer to work on getting all of the paperwork situated with the government.  Its not as easy as the states, there is no Dominican Department of Motor Vehicles office that you can go to and have all of your paperwork done.  Please pray that they will be able to get all of there paperwork done as soon as possible.

We got home last night and I'm glad to be back with my family.  I don't like to travel around and be away from my family, but the Lord takes care and watches over us!  If anyone reads this today, also keep the Truels in prayer as they are traveling back to the capital today to drop Timothy and Sarah off at the Airport.  I believe there flight is around 4:30pm and they will be getting into Charlotte around 12:00am.  Pray that all goes well for them on their journey back home and that the Truels have safe traveling mercies.

One more thing, we had a little visitor in our bathroom last night (LOL)!!!  I was going to go take a shower when I noticed something on the floor near our toilet.  It was a scorpion that had made its way onto our bathroom floor.  I'm glad and thankful that I had the lights on and could see this little critter.  It would have been bad news if I, Melanie or one of the kids had stepped on him.  Again, the Lord knows and sees all!



"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.  Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;  Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday."
Psalm 91:1-6

We have to believe these words and trust our Lord that He will take care of us!  Sometimes though, it is easier said than done!  Love you all!


Thank you again for your prayers and support!
Bro. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment