Thursday, January 27, 2011

El Higuero Medical Clinic

This morning I headed over to Brother Darren's house to pick him up for a medical clinic that we were going to hold in El Higuero.  Just before I arrived at his house, he called my cell phone and told me that he was not going to be able to make due to the fact that he was feeling very sick.  He has a bad cough, fever and did not get much sleep last night.

Myself, along with Elisabeth, Mary, Jonathan, Pastor Nathan, and Max (a young man from Germany) headed out to El Higuero.  I had taken some books along with my bible thinking that I would have time to study today while the medical clinic was going on, boy was I wrong.  When we arrived myself and Elisabeth tried to get the school set up for the clinic.  The medical group did not arrive till around 11:30am and I ended up being the go between the Dominicans and themMedical group.  Little did they know that I can not really speak spanish yet.  I had the pleasure of handing out the numbers to the Dominicans!  We made up little tickets with numbers on them all the way up to 100.  Let's just say it was like I was handing out dollar bills!  I'm very thankful that Elisabeth and Mary went along.  They did a great job translating and helping out with the clinic.  The doctors were able to see over 125 people today in about 5 hours.  Below are some pictures from today:
People waiting to be seen by the doctors.




Jonathan and I working door patrol.  Making sure only those with tickets come inside.

A little baby girl, who came in towards the end that had a bad infection in her lower lip.

After we were done with the clinic, we went into a poorer part of the town to hand out some bags of chips and some coloring pencils to the children.  This baby boy had worms in his stomach that makes it bloat.

This is the our group that went to help the doctors.  From left to right: Jonathan, myself, Pastor Nathan, Max, Elisabeth Truel, and Mary Truel

One of the homes that the people live in.

A young girl in El Higuero.
The little girl with her grandmother.

Elisabeth with one of the nurses.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys!! It is so good to see what the Lord is doing in you guys' lives!! That said, I know you guys are busy, but when you get a chance could you possible post something for people wanting to come visit. How to get in touch with you, what to bring, what not to bring, how much cash to keep on hand, how long the drive is from airport to the Weltin Hut, etc... :o) I like checklists! :o) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete