Thursday, February 2, 2012

Are You Overwhelmed?

Good Evening,

I know that it has been along time since I have last posted.  Needless to say, a lot of changes have occurred in our lives. 

We found out that we can no longer rent our home, so we had to move back in.  Our home is now on the market and we are praying that the Lord would allow us to sell it.  Please continue to pray for us as we wait on the Lord's will for our lives. 

I am the type of person who likes to know why things happen the way they do, but so often in our christian life the Lord does not tell us why, but requires of us only to be faithful and obedient to the orders he has given us.

I felt impressed from the Lord to post this evening a few verses that deal with being overwhelmed and how the Lord is always there to see us through.  Even when it feels as if everything is going backwards, the Lord is always there and will never leave nor forsake us.

The bible says:

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.  Psalms 142:3


Overwhelmed- To overspread or crush beneath something violent and weighty, that covers or encompasses the whole; To immerse and bear down; in a figurative sense; as, to be overwhelmed with cares, afflictions or business.

There are times in our lives when we are overwhelmed with all that is going on around us and with in our spirit.  Sometimes it feels as thought the dark clouds will never leave nor the battle ever stop, but one thing we can be sure of is that the Lord knows our path and is there with us every step of the way.

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  Hebrews 13:5


Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.  Deuteronomy 31:6


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10 

For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall. Isaiah 25:4

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and support.  May we all stay faithful to the Lord!

God bless you all!

Brother Chris Weltin and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment